Friday, January 28, 2011

We have a house!


We have a house! The roof is there, the garage has a roof! Yeah! These guys are great! My posting hasn't been about Amish/English lately, but today I will talk about the house I grew up in.

I was born in a single story home, at least a hundred year old house. I was the 6th child and this house had only 2 bedrooms with a little room at the end of the house used for storage, without heat too. I was going to school, I am guessing 1st grade, my dad had a frolic and put the 2nd story on the house. They work during the day and I was in school when it happened, it was a big surprise when I came home from school, and the 2nd story was framed in.

Pictures you can see out and about from Amish having frolics look awesome. I don't know how many men were at our house that day, some ladies come to help in the house with the noon meal, they eat well too. We are paying for the construction of our house, not a frolic, but its so much fun to watch the house getting built, they are all workers and every day we see what they get done. Soon they'll start working on the inside, but they'll still be working hard.

When we were in PA we bought them donuts for 2 days.

Its fun building this house, more fun then I could ever imagine!!!

No comments: